Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some pix are on my C drive, and some are on my H drive...why?

Posted by seaswirl (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 19:55

Why are some of my pictures on my C drive and some on my H drive? Should I consolidate them on one of the drives?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some pix are on my C drive, and some are on my H drive...why?

Did you create a separate partition H:\ on your C drive? Is anything else on this H drive? Is H your CD\DVD drive or is it a thumb drive? Is H a second hard drive?

o
RE: Some pix are on my C drive, and some are on my H drive...why?

It probably means you weren't looking closely enough when you saved them and didn't notice what drive you were in. If you want them in only one place, move them from the drive where you don't want them to the one you do. Then, in the future, look closely at what drive and directory you are in when you want to save more.

And, in any case, I hope you are backing them up to a second location so that you don''t lose them when your hard drive fails....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here