Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Computer wouldn't boot up..

Posted by jean_mi_z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 19:50

Dell Inspiron
Vista OS

When my husband sat down to his computer, which was on and in sleep mode, he clicked his mouse button to wake it up and it started to wake up and went back off. A black screen came on with this message:

No boot device available, Press ENTER to retry
SATA-0: Installed
SATA-1: Installed
SATA-4: None
SATA-5: None

I pressed ENTER and the same screen came up.

I used the power button to shut it down and let it sit for about 5 minutes while I looked for paper work on for the computer. I told him to try to boot up again and it booted fine.

I thought I would post this message to see what the problem might be and help someone else if this ever happened to them.

TIA,
Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Computer wouldn't boot up..

Make sure it doesnt have a cd/dvd media in the draws or a usb drive plugged in..

o

Vista has diagnostic capabilities so you might try running the repair feature. Below is a graphical tutorial on how to run the onboard repair program.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vista repair tutorial

o

Mikie...no CD/DVD or flash drive plugged in.

owbist..thanks for the link..will look it over.
Haven't tried to boot it yet this morning....

Thanks,
Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here