Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
openfreely

Posted by ejs11 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 18:45

thinking of trying to use the program,openfreely........ has anybody used it and with what kind of results or should i stay away from it....... thanking you in advance for any info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: openfreely

There is an old saying:"Jack of all trades, master of none." That's what this sounds like...an easy out for those who are unwilling or unable to learn and use the proper application for each file type they need to access. To each his/her own, but it's not something I would ever use. If you actually used it to edit a file and then tried to share that file with someone using the app meant for it, I wouldn't be surprised if there were abnormalities or other incompatibility. Don't take my word for it...find out for yourself if you must. But a little effort would probably uncover free programs meant for each of those file types that would be better than one catch-all program.

o
RE: openfreely

Read the reviews on Cnet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here