Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buffering with youtube

Posted by chas045 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 18:29

I have a new HP netbook that came loaded with Win 8.1. I have DSL that is rated at 10Meg but usually is around 8. I sometimes watch youtube music videos. Recently, it seems that a lot of videos just sit there buffering while others will take off and the graphic indicating how far ahead the download is ahead, is far ahead of the video and everything is fine. I assume that some of this is the speed of the provider's server, but I suspect much is due to something set poorly at my end.

Can someone tell me where to check my settings or other ways do diagnose what problem I have, or if I have a problem. I also use an old Win 7 dell computer. Admittedly I haven't really tested it but I tried one link that almost always failed to play on the HP and it took right off on the Dell. However, I sometimes note that re-clicking a video link will have it play fine on the HP.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buffering with youtube

"If it seems like YouTube videos are slow to load on your computer, you aren't alone. Even if your internet connection is lightning fast, you might have issues with YouTube videos buffering for a long time and halting every few seconds. Read on for a few strategies you can try to get your videos loading faster."

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Make-YouTube-Videos-Load-Faster

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here