Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Please!

Posted by arosegirl (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 17:57

I download Winwar yesterday and somehow something else was downloaded that I can't get rid of.
It is called Bing..
When I try to do a search it has MP3 tube on it.
When I close my computer and open it again there are videos
playing.... How can I get rid of it?? I have tried going to programs but it is not listed there.
I have tried clicking on the bar to delete it but can't.
Many thanks,
Charlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Please!

When you downloaded Winwar, there was probably a box to uncheck if you didn't want to install Bing -- a Microsoft search engine -- and now you have it on your computer, perhaps as the default search engine. Go into your Control Panel and see if Bing is listed under the Add/Remove programs option, or go to Start and see if a Bing folder is listed and if there is an uninstall option in that folder. Then report back...

o

where did you download it from? did you get the 32bit or 64bit version and this is the trial version that you have to pay for right? is this the one you got?
WinRAR (32-bit) - Download.com

try some of these to get rid of bing
How To Uninstall Bing

Windows 7 - How to remove Bing toolbar?

I do not know if this is on firefox or IE (which version of those) or which version of windows let us know and we can probably get more specific on directions

o

I checked in programs, it was there and I uninstalled it and restarted my computer. It is no longer listed as a program but is still as a default search engine.

o

It is very easy to change your default search engine. In Firefox, click on the tiny arrow just to the left of where you see Bing, and a drop down list of search engines should appear. Click the one you want, and that's it. In IE the little arrow is located to the right of the search symbol. Again, click and you get your choices.

o

C,

These suggestions should take care of your concern. Fortunately this time it was easy to resolve. It is regularly promoted here that a user take their time when downloading and installing software. Read all the presented criteria in each window. Read the EULA. Be sure. When in doubt...don't. To race through clicking on next and finish without caution is an invitation to mishaps.

Glad things will be working out.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here