Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New posters

Posted by don_1_2006 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 17:35

Does anyone know what is happening with new posters bringing up old posts? One I know was started in 2005 and they are posting to it like it was three days old. That and the limit of 150 posts seems gone. One at Home Repairs is now at 186 posts. They post using e-mail addresses. They can post but I can't reply. Is strange.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New posters

most of the ones I have seen that have been dug up from long past were done so by some one spreading spam with links to their sites or in some cases dangerous sites.

You could submit those questions to the powers that be using the contact us option at the bottom of the pages.

o

If you mean the thread linked below then it is as RC notes, pure Spam. These folks get a good commission if they can encourage folks to download from their site, thus the incentive to scour the net via Google for these types of threads.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old post resurrected

o

Yes spam is an issue, but there are perfectly understandable reasons as well. Almost everyone got to Gardenweb the first time via google or yahoo and some of us didn't notice that the link we brought up was ancient. In addition, especially in home advise and in my case toolshed (engine repair), some of those threads continue for years with useful information.

o

Spam really isn't what I am referring to. In the Home Repair forum there is a category about Craftsman garage door openers with 186 posts. No one has replied to the last 36 posters because you can't but they are somehow able to just keep going. I would think at some point they would catch on.

o

while i have sympathy for new folks searching for answers, if its from a previous year I ignore it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here