Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need real player video download help

Posted by loralee (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 17:23

I have been using Real Player to down load videos. As soon as the video starts at the top right hand corner of the screen the words come up to download video now. These are short crafting videos that I download.

As of today this option no longer comes up on the screen and the same has occurred with my windows vista on my laptop which I also use firefox.

I can't download videos with my dial up so much download them in town on my lap top then watch them at home.

I have Windows XP and the free version of realplayer 15.0.3.37

I use firefox for my browser.

My friend uses AOL and has never been able to get this feature to work for her.

Thanks for your input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need real player video download help

Can't recommend any in particular, but have a look at this page...many from official Real Player site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Downloaders

o

Thanks for the link to other downloaders. I will check into something else if I can't get this one to work.

I guess I did not make my posting very clear.

I am asking if anyone has any suggestions as to what I might check on my computer to see if perhaps a box in the tools or someplace else has been changed.

I really liked using the Real player as I only had to click on the icon and the video was downloaded it was very simple to use.

o

If this has just started and on 2 computers it is unlikely to be any error with your computers.

Have you checked the file where the downloads get stored to see if they are coming in but the small box notifying you fails to appear?

Assuming your downloaded files are in the Documents/Download file....
Right click Start, click Explore in the pop up
Click the small plus sign beside Documents (My Documents?) on the left side
Now look underneath Documents for Downloads
Click on this to highlight and look on the right side to see if the latest downloads are listed.

o

These videos from You tube or anyplace else as far as I know do not download automatically. Only if you click on something do they down load. There for since there is nothing for me to click on to download it does not download.

I tried to call support but since it is a free software they could not help me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here