SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

DD's computer loaded with junk files - auslogics Boostspeed?

lynnalexandra
12 years ago

I've been clearing space on my daughter's pc which only has a 40GB hard drive. I moved everything to an external drive - except her Sims games and program files. Then ran ccleaner, then auslogics defragmenters.

AFter defragging, I clicked system health - and it said there were 8 junk files. It recommended downloading and using their free auslogics boostspeed to remove the junk files and boost speed. Should I do this? I've never heard of this program - but can well imagine there are junk files on there.

In using explorer to see what was on her C drive, I noticed tons of things I don't recognize. Now we bought this used - and it could be files/folders from previous owner he did not remove (although he tried to wipe it clean and reinstalled XP) - or it could be other junk to remove - or it could be programs that are needed. Is there a way to take a screen shot of these to post for feedback about what to do with them? Or a way to get a listing to post here? there were lines and lines of folders that said uninstall (with a couple of additional characters).

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (9)