Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cannot insert picture in OE

Posted by grandms (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 15:44

I am using Outlook Express on an XP computer as my on board mail client. Just noticed several days ago that I can no longer insert pictures into e-mails for mailing as I always had been able to. In the display box when I click "Insert" and then "Picture" the cursor blinks in the source box. However, as soon as i click on "browse", the cursor disappears and I cannot browse to the picture source. Yes, I can still attach pictures, but this is not always what I wish to do. I had recently installed a photo editing program and thought that might be the problem, so I uninstalled that with no change. Is there a corruption in OE that is causing this, and, if so, is it possible to uninstall OE and re-install a new copy? I have IE8, but use it only for MS updates.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cannot insert picture in OE

Bobbie,

Maybe this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2398839, or if necessary the below.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: Google

o
RE: Cannot insert picture in OE

Had trouble opening WMP also, so used Microsoft Fix it. This fixed both the WMP problem and the problem of inserting pictures into OE. Now both problems fixed. I'm keeping a Fix it icon on my desktop from now on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here