Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firefox ?

Posted by Gale-T (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 15:23

I like to save bookmarks to my desktop for when I have time to peruse them before keeping them in my permanent bookmarks.

Is there a way with Firefox to do this without having to save the entire web page which results in two folders?

Windows 7, IE and Firefox

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firefox ?

Can you resize Firefox so you can see both Firefox and you desktop and drag the URL from the address bar out onto your desktop? You should be able to create a "link" that way, sort of a bookmark on your desktop. There may be another way but I've did it like that before.

o

I drag mine down to my bookmark toolbar until I look it over. Then I just delete if I don't need it.

o

I'll try it your way, ChuggerGuy. Tks for your suggestion, EmmaR.

o

I've a folder in my bookmarks toolbar titled ''toss it here''. I drag and drop almost everything I might want to save into this folder and clean it up about weekly. I do this because I am absent minded (AAADD, age associated attention deficit disorder.) and have trouble remembering my organizational schemes.

o

lol. I'll have to remember that, albert. Sounds like the same symptoms I seem to have.

o

check your symptoms with these:
A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how is manifests itself:

I decide to wash my car. As I start toward to the garage, I notice
that there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the
mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash
can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first, but then I think that since I'm going to be near the mail box when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table and see that there is only one check left.My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye-they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter and I discover my reading
glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I'd better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight, when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day; the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook,I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

o

Bob, you have hit it correctly, there is always sumpin coming along to distract this senior as well. glad to know it is spread around the country, and not just in my area! This was a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here