SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

HP Service After the Sale - A+

I'm writing to commend the warranty services received from HP. We all purchase new products with the expectation that they will be wonderful right out of the box. Sometimes a bad part escapes detection or only acts up after a warm up period. A big question is how will the company respond. HP gets an "A+" from me.

I bought a new HP Envy desktop computer directly from HP. It was ordered May 21 and delivered May 23.

The second week of June, the DVD drawer spontaneously opened and didn't want to stay closed. After googling the issue and trying some fixes, with dread I realized I needed to call HP. On June 11, after a few steps through an automated menu, I was connected to a live person!

My person was Dipak, in India, who was extremely nice. With my permission he took remote control of my computer, keeping me informed as to what he was doing and what I would be seeing on the screen at my end. After confirming that it was a mechanical problem, he stayed on the line until I was firmly connected with Bella (also in India), the Hardware Supervisor.

Bella was also very courteous. It was her job to expedite the repair. She did offer to send me a new DVD but I didn't want to risk making a real mess of the innards of this new PC and elected to send it in for repair.

The info I was given pertaining to my problem really surprised me. Bella gave me a phone number for Technical Support, a website to track the repair, a Case Number, and an Order Number.

I received packing materials from HP early in the afternoon of the next day, June 12 (even the tape with which to seal the box!). The packed PC was back to FedEx that afternoon.

The next day, Friday June 13, HP emailed to advise they had received the computer.

Another HP email on Monday, June 16 advised the repair was completed.

Tuesday, June 17, the repaired computer arrived at noon.

So...if you're wondering about service after the sale...

June

Comment (1)