Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Everything changed after restart

Posted by katlan (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 14:57

My laptop was running slow, so I closed the browser, ran CCleaner, found nothing, tried shutting it down. When trying to restart it said applying all the updates, or whatever, now my favorites are on the wrong side of the
screen. In the bottom right corner I had a little thing that I could click on and change the font size. The top has a tab beside the bar where I type web addresses. Oh, and a bar pops up at the bottom, it says Bing, and says to manage your add-ons.

Is there a way to find the most recent updates and delete them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Everything changed after restart

• Posted by mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 16:02

What version of windows win8 or win7 or ? Did you try Restart again ?

You can try maybe a system restore to a date before this happened.

This post was edited by mikie on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 16:03

o

Mikie, thanks for responding. I actually did just do a system restore. Everything is back. Yes. I'm running MSE now.

Not sure how the updates happened. After reading so much info on this site about updates, I have mine set to ask me which ones I want. I didn't click on anything. O.K., I know everyone says that, haha. I'll say it this way, I don't remember clicking on anything about updates.

Anyhow, everything seems o.k. now. Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

o

katlan, I have had my options changed once or twice and I suspect the updates changed them. I always set to let me know, then I download them.

o

Thanks Emma. I'll have to check them now and again I guess to make sure the settings are the same all the time.

o

Pretty much only have to check after your approved install following the second Tuesday of the month. That's MS download day. Very rare for anything else to come through.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here