Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
email hacked or a virus?

Posted by jean001a (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 14:23

Wondering if this is a problem --

Just received an email from my husband's PC with a link to www-dot-malgibiparkediyorum-dot-com-slash-wp-content -slash-themes-

(I doubt he sent the email because it was sent to both our family members and his hobbyist friends.)

Thought I had seen a thread of something similar in this forum but, of course, can't locate it now.

- HP desktop
- IE 9
- MSE automatically updates; says "fully protected"
- his email account is with hotmail (I can have him change the password when he comes home.)
- Malwarebytes is up-to-date and running full scan now
- Superantispywear is up-to-date; plan to run that next

Any insights? Or further suggestions as to what to do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: email hacked or a virus?

I can have him change the password when he comes home.

Do that on your computer not his.....

Joe

o

I had 4 people now trying to remove that blank email and these other people tried everything and it still remains. Other suggestions please I have
a Toshiba Satellite C655 IE 7
my mail is thru our local telephone company HELP!

e

o

I am seeing at various forums a wave of concerns being shared regarding e-mails. This includes what appears to be the notorious addressbook hijacking once again.

We must all be on our toes, and never open unsolicited e-mails.

DA

o

zep said "Do that on your computer not his..... "

Will do.

Another question: probably should tell the other recipients the same thing, right?

What if they already clicked the link in the email?

o

No I don't think you need to worry about the other recipients just yet, unless there mail starts sending out spam and I doubt that will occur.

o

My hearty thanks to zep and the other helpful folks for what they freely do on this forum. I, and others, truly appreciate your assistance.

o

Sorry I disagree with Z as to notifying others on the header that you know. This virus replicates expotentialy through the addressbooks and will continue to do so until it times out or is removed. If a user is not aware of the possibility of his/her system infection then how will they be aware of its existence. Just this morning I have been approached by two co-workers who became infected over the weekend.

DA

o

still unable to remove blank email message from me email site,now what

o

I'll need to read a bit on the E-Mail infection, I'm stuck on the thought the user needs to double click an E-Mail attachment to execute the infection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here