Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WE have a new feature! Image uploads

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 12:10

I see they have implemented the new feature here at KT. Did you notice it? Image file to upload right above your name when you go to do a post, You can now just browse your own computer for your picture to use and upload it directly from your pc with out having to put it on a hosting site online.
There is however a size limit so if it refuses your pic you may need to resize it smaller.

Excellent addition.
I guess they had good results from those of us that used the feature on their test sites.

So to start it off it is only appropriate I post a dog with a purse!

**** I did notice however if you go back to do a correction on your message you will have to re upload the picture file. I had a spelling error, went back and corrected it hit preview message again and no picture so had to go back and re do that too. Small glitch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WE have a new feature! Image uploads

One of my favorite desktop wallpaper, from Avatar.

o

test

o

Another test.

o

Had to put one of our babies down yesterday..Miss Daisy Mae..she had a full life (14)

o

We moved to Florida.

Jane

o

For the computer help forum it might be nice for PNG to be an allowed extension though. Especially since screenshots run through Paint wind up with PNG extensions.

And if I were going to be ungrateful and pick, I'd say hold onto the original, display the bandwidth friendly thumb but link to the original, may need just a little bit more detail to ID that insect/disease. May eat up too much disk space though, I don't really know.

o

Has anyone been able to use this feature from an IPad?

o

Testing

o

Thanks for the great test pix and Genes I'm so sorry about your baby.

No way to upload from iPad, I'm using mine right now and the choose file is greyed out.

o

How does one remove their picture from here?

o

Once posted just like your words here they are there forever, no way to edit or remove once submitted.
I guess if there is a significant reason for removing it one can use the contact us link below and ask the powers that be to remove it.

o

I'll try out this new feature by posting a picture of a gang of criminals in action. Part of the gang distracts the victim while another steals the victims property.
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .

o

Find the Shiba Inu!

o

Gene... so sorry to read that you lost one of the Pugs. Seems like yesterday they were just pups.

Bob

o

I am able to post fine from all of my android devices and phone.

o

I see no pictures in this thread!

o

This is one of my daylilies, it is called Collector's Choice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here