Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
/// EaseUS Todo Backup & could not find Zimbra

Posted by ellie45 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 10:55

Kaspersky calls this invasive. I tried to uninstall it and Kaspersky said I don't have sufficient capability to do this and I need an administrator to do it.

Tried to uninstall it from control panel and it won't uninstall. I realize it some kind of backup software but should I get rid of it. I have Seagate backup.

Have no clue how to get Zimbra off of my iPhone. I assumed everything zynced with wifi.

Any help? Many thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: /// EaseUS Todo Backup & could not find Zimbra

that just means you have to allow it to be done give your administrator rights, that happens a lot in windows 7 it is just the uac. They are set that way to help protect you but you can simply choose to ok each time it ask if a program needs admin rights.Right click on the program shortcut or program .exe file, and click on Run as administrator
What are User Account Control settings?
How to Run a Program as an Administrator in Windows 7

It is not invasive but some of what it has to do to make the back up can be detected by some AV programs that way it is not a danger.

o

So EaseUS Todo Backup should be on my computer.

Thanks for the uac settings info, especially the one on how to run a program as an administor.

The computer world is full of evil and I am constantly, constantly defending my territory on my pc and gadgets. Amazing how often i find a terrorist hiding. About every week as you know.

o

So EaseUS Todo Backup should be on my computer.

Thanks for the uac settings info, especially the one on how to run a program as an administor.

The computer world is full of evil and I am constantly, constantly defending my territory on my pc and gadgets. Amazing how often i find a terrorist hiding. About every week as you know.

o

Have no clue how to get Zimbra off of my iPhone. I assumed everything zynced with wifi.

Touch and hold the Zimbra icon until the icons start shaking and a little X appears by them. Release. Then touch the X by the Zimbra icon. Press the home button. Zimbra deleted.

o

Thanks Mike,

Zimbra does not have an icon unfortunately. It exists as a program that came up looking like a list of mail very similar to the mail program. Now I don't see it but will look for possible icons when it returns.

o

Here are the instructions for installing Zimbra. Again it appears that it can't just suddenly appear.

In any case, if you don't want to use Zimbra go into 'Settings' then 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' then choose 'Zimbra', then scroll down to the bottom and hit the red delete account button.

o

Ok found it under website data "gallery.Zimbra.com " .6kb......i can delete that. Question: do you use it and if so why?

Also, I see website items I would like gone for good. Make a rule, block it. Is there a way to do that and clean out mail items reoccurance for good?

Lots of thanks to you, mike kaiser, for the Zimbra instructions and link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here