Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
onedrive

Posted by big_al_41 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 9:36

I am trying to get MS One drive ..yet when I go to the website it tells me that the sever is down and to come back. It's now been several days . Am I going to the wrong site ??

Any ideas here thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: onedrive

• Posted by mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 9:45

If you have win8 onedrive is built in. Don't download and install it on windows 8 or 81.

maybe my referral link :)
Refer OneDrive to a friend and both of you will receive +500 MB. Refer up to 10 friends.

Here is a link that might be useful: https://onedrive.live.com/?invref=15dcd78fc1c68a4f&invsrc=90

This post was edited by mikie on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 17:32

o

This site appears to be active. Which site are you trying to use?

Here is a link that might be useful: One Drive

o

Thanks guys ... however when I go to either log in or sign up I get server is down

o

Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 15:52

Do you have a windows email account ?
Hotmail.com Outlook.com Live.com

What windows version and 64bit or ?

This post was edited by mikie on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 15:57

o

Thanks guys ... appreciate the graphics Mikie. BUT I am still getting this indication when I try and go there.... see attached

o

Sometimes the Microsoft and related websites act bratty when you're not using Internet Explorer.

The image you posted, big al, looks like Firefox. Do you get the same response when you try the same thing using Internet Explorer as the browser?

o

here's a direct download link at microsoft ..

Here is a link that might be useful: direct download onedrive win7/vista/orig 8

o

Mikie .. you came thru again !! This worked THANK YOU

o

Wish I had gotten here earlier, but I am out of town. Mikie hit a home run with his referral. You needed the download to utilize OD. Once you got it you are all set. It will also need to be added to any devices if you intend to utilize It on them.

DA

o

One again I like to thank all that responded to my problem ... now I would like to ask another question re One drive.. it says that I can share things like photos etc ..I went to their site but I can't seem to find how to do this .. I would like to share photos with my son in Texas (I have a lot of them ) how do I go about it .. does he need a code ???

o

Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 12:09

Usually I put a folder within my Pictures folder, then Right click and press share.
It will give you the option to email the share, probably the best way,,, or get a web link to it.

I think if you email the share to another user with OneDrive and use their Microsoft OneDrive Account email. They will have the option for sort of automatically seeing the pics and can mark them if they wish Online-Only so as not to actually download tons of files to their hard drive.

Lots of OneDrive info . on their forums..

Here is a link that might be useful: MS OneDrive Community Forums

This post was edited by mikie on Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 12:26

o

Thank You

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here