Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firefox

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 11 at 8:58

On my husbands XP laptop, since installing the new FF version, a page opens each time regarding missing toolbar. It is a FF search page as if someone asked about the missing toolbar-but he didn't run a FF search.

I have tried going to their support page and can't find anything about this. I uninstalled the new version and installed an older version and the same thing happens. It is a FF search page discussing the missing toolbar. He is not missing the toolbar and never ran a search. When he clicks on the FF icon to open the browser, both pages appear.

Any ideas.

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firefox

Did you try the
"Mozilla Firefox forum"
?

The topic Instant Help - Frequently Asked Questions might point you in the right direction. Or you could start a new topic, then copy and paste your post from here.

o

Does this only happen when you first open the browser or open a new page...not subsequently when you click on a bookmark? If so, have you gone into the Options settings to check the homepage? It could be that somehow what you have coming up is set as your default home page.

o

I would clear everything, cache history cookies all of it, I would clear the home page and reset the home page while actually on the page he wants as home page and then select set current page from the list options.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here