Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firefox vs. Kaspersky?

Posted by marknmt (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 8:57

We have a problem with Kaspersky that started after we updated FF yesterday and let them disable a Kaspersky (URL advisor?) feature. Today when we booted the computer we were told that K. was disabled and that we would need to re-enter our activation code to solve the problem. We update our subscription annually in March through Best Buy and are current. K. updated yesterday but won't let us complete an update today. Have no idea what, or where, or activation code is.

I'd appreciate getting pointed in the right direction. I also would like to know if our Malwarebytes, CC, Adblock, or Spywareblaster might be involved. Right now I'm tempted to uninstall K. and download a free program, but I don't really want to spend my vacation dealing with this!

Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firefox vs. Kaspersky?

It's been my experience with other programs that a registration code is often displayed under that program's menu HELP >> ABOUT (program name). If you can't find it, time to use either tech support or the Kaspersky help forum...unless you're lucky enough to find another K user on GW who knows the answer.

o
RE: Firefox vs. Kaspersky?

Thanks for your help. I was able to get Best Buy to fix it for us (no charge) by putting in the activation code. It's up and running now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here