Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hacker reading my emails

Posted by ellie45 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 8:29

I am receiving emails that respond to bits and pieces of my
emails to and from a few people.They take the tone of happy or hopeful according to the tone of the emails they hacked into. Some appear like they are from friends with their full e-mail address. I used Malware bytes each day I see them and nothing comes up but pup.bundler which I can't get rid of. That was part of photoscape I believe and is harmless though after a full scan they show it as a result but nothing else. Also using up Kaspersky anti-virus before I change to Microsoft essentials. When I delete the email I don't know if it has left the computer.

Any recomendations? These e-mails appear on my iPad and iPhone. What can I do with those besides delete.

This message to you all is not going all the way across the page but whipping to the next line and returning to fill up the last line. Kind of
squirrely.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hacker reading my emails

pup.bundler isn't an innocent thing.
Seems its the doorway to install other bad guys.
And... looks like its the main probable cause for something sending someone your emails.

Malwarebytes can't delete it ? What is path to the files.. or file names. What email client do you use,, what pc? operating system

o

Maybe start by changing your email password. NOW. Not tomorrow. And then answer Mikie's questions.

Regards,
Shax

o

I have an ASUS pc, Windows 7. Internet Explorer current edition

I do not have an email password in Outlook where my email resides.

I have run Malwarebytes several times with a full scan.

PUP.Bundle has been around for awhile on my computer. At least 5 months. I delete each time and have used other
software when killing off avg. and PUP remaines.

o

Oh my! 5 months? This is not good. You need to get to LandzDown......NOW!!!!!!!!!!

o

You have to have a password for email every email client requires one.

o

I don't know my password. Do you use a password when you login to emails? I don't. Neither do I shutdown my computer and log on with a pw.

o

I went to internet Email Setings/Login info

Yes, I have a user name and pw. So, I know it. The worst part is I have been lazy.So, I checked remember my info or words like that.

Now, I want to change the pw and am looking for the info on how to do that securely.

o

I will take SHAX advice and change the email password first when I read up on it and then come back here. It doesn't seem easy to me.

o

It's really not difficult if you follow these attached instructions...

Here is a link that might be useful: Change Password

o

Thanks, I use Outlook but I presume it is the same.

o

Personally, I'd change the password on my email server.

For example, assuming my ISP was Comcast and I was using the email account they provided me with, I may go through this page: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/changing-or-resetting-your-password

Even then, not knowing what this "pup.bundler" does, I'd do the password change on a different machine/device that I knew to be uninfected and I wouldn't check email from the infected machine until I was sure it was no longer infected.

I'm not an expert though and may be misunderstanding. Apologies if that's the case, and for butting in.

o

Try using superantispyware free scan, install, update, run full scan. Select the red free version button.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free

o

I thank you for the late night advice.this is becoming a Friday night regular event. Also working on iPhone that took a hit. Depressed. It is never over.
Chugger when I get to this I will change my email pw at my server.

RCA thanks for the software. I will use it tomorrow as I' m not successful at my task at hand.
Good nite

o

http://sz0165.wc.mail.xxxxxxx.net/zimbra/mail?app=options#2

This is the path with xxxx being comcast.

here is the fragmented message.

A bad person on the list is sheila Cherubin or sheilasherubin.She has been on many very distasteful emails by herself. She is the mother of a student at the school I taught at years ago.
I lost this posting and started over again after copying her name and she is gone from list. I never got the whole address

o

http://218766.livecity.com/http://sz0165.wc.mail.XXXX.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail#7

she turned on me and then the person I tried to help, might not help me when the focus shifts off them. Two of us might be able to overpower her, but alone, I didn’t have a chanc

o

I completed everything in comon sense order as Shax pointed out.
Using Chugger's link I changed my password.

Using RC superantispy they found Trojan.Agent Gen Grafin
if I read my scrbbles correctly
Adblock had a thousand cookies and it has been an annoyance by telling me at the beginning of day I have used up my free block or whatever.

I fixed my iPad and Iphone. The new pw helped I think

I am going to run malware byes now as I go to bed and see what they find.
No pup.bundle or avg which I picked back up last week again. It took over Google.

Thanks.

o

I seem to be OK today without any suspicious emails. Pup.bundler did not appear in any scans.
I am also glad I changed by pw.

Thanks again.

o

oh no what adblock are you using I had a hard time trying to remove an adblock for someone else, it was telling them the same message. We had to use REVO uninstaller to fully remove it. Please tell me exactly what adblock name is. This may be where some of your problem came from. Some of these are nothing but malware masquerading as adblockers.
Let me know the name and also what browser are you using this on?

I will give you 2 links with detailed instructions on how to use REVO,in case we ill need it, do it as it is given in the video
TUTORIAL: Revo Uninstaller

Completely Uninstall Programs And More With Revo Uninstaller

o

I uninstalled adblock a month ago. It is not listed as a program but had maybe 2 pages of cookies on the superantimalware last night.
I use IE 9 and Google on Win 7.

Thanks for noticing this. I will get back about 9 tonight.

o

RC, I found SIMPLE Adblock with Revo Uninstaler buried down 4 layers of the C drive. What a crock to do it thru the Windows Control Panel as I had.

Nice little program with a good tutorial and many options of things to do. I used Revo Pro. One has to. You get a 30 day trial period.

Thanks, much

o

There's a totally free version you don't have to get the pro trial, when you run out you can uninstall and replace with the free.
Glad you got that taken care of, it is a pain to have to do all that.

o

I didn't see the free one at all from the link. However, I am greatful for the chance to experience these programs that work. You are making me a master my domain. I just don't know what the little people do. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here