Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frustrating problem printing in wrong language

Posted by oliverp (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 6:35

Every so often I have a really frustrating problem when printing. It starts printing OK in English and suddenly changes to some sort of foreign language. I've just printed off 10 pages and the first page was correct and the first few lines of the 2nd page were OK and then it changed to unreadable for all the other pages. I simply don't understand why and if I try to reprint them all, it will just do the same. So frustrating.

I have a Brother MFC-235C all in one printer. Has anyone any idea of why this is happening and how I can solve it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frustrating problem printing in wrong language

The best thing to do is turn the printer off and then make sure that any pending print jobs are deleted from the print queue. Look for a little printer icon near the bottom right corner of the screen, on the Windows taskbar. Double click the icon to view the items in the print queue, then delete each one. See link for more information.

Read more: http://askbobrankin.com/garbage_from_printer.html#ixzz1yMHkO467

Joe

o

Thanks very much for the info Joe. I've been away for a few hours since the printer was playing up and tried printing the same document as before and this time it was OK. I've now printed off your reply to remind me what to do the next time it does it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

o

I don't suppose this could be your problem you it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here