SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20095016

Advice on starting over. computer info gone.

User
10 years ago

I have Win7 Pro on a PC that is 4 years old

I had trouble with several areas. One was Outlook and after doing a restore back I lost everything in Outlook when I did that. My Outlook Data file path was not right and I made a corrected path for Outlook. I took off old one first for the data files and lost the pst.. I didn't understand how to do it is the bottom line. Don't ask me to put it in chronological order I can't. This caused more problems. All my own fault.

Lost my mail, pics and documents and all contacts info. The libraries are full of empty files. There was an ongoing problem in libraries as I had duplicates of every document under My documents or Documents. When a tech fixed my computer he made up new titles for the document part of the library. I had tried to combine them and then delete one duplicate which I understand was a shortcut if that makes sense. Can't conceive tonight what this will do to me. I am compartmentalizing to cope. Yes, I had a mobile back up device that did not show up on the drive when I plugged it in. It is corrupt maybe.

Moving forward I need to change my email address to
gmail. I will need a very good calendar to keep copious notes as well as mail, of course.

How do I move from my Comcast provider's email address
to gmail account only? Can I disregard Comcast all together but for the bill I pay? I have an account on gmail but use only the mail.

I have a hard drive with many important devices on it that I don't understand. Do they move to the gmail under a C: drive.

I would like to get rid of Outlook mail and erase the remains of docs that are useless and pics that are only logos from programs.

Is this possible to explain to me?

Too many questions? I have one more: is it possible to move again to a restore point farther back in time?

That's it. Ellie

Yes, one more thing. I have iPhone and iPad that are synced to Comcast as best as Comcast can do it. they are still in beta.I noticed on here that Outlook and Apple products are not discussed much on here.

This is as much damage as I can do in a life time.

Thanks.

This post was edited by ellie45 on Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 5:11

Comments (6)