Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got this today 'Attack Page'

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 0:40

Was visiting 'The Street,' which is a website dealing with the stock market. I visit this site frequently. Today, each time I tried to go there I got the above warning. This was a bright red warning (scary) which covered the entire screen. It said the website I was trying to reach was launching something or other, dangerous. There was no identifying information. I clicked on 'more info' and it was a Google warning. Never saw this before and I'm wondering if it was legitimate.

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got this today 'Attack Page'

Probably so, I would stay away from it for a while, it likely has one of the drive by type malware infections on it some where, usually in an ad that was hacked. The website does not know till they start getting reports about it.
Google does now do warnings if a site can harm you.

o
RE: Got this today 'Attack Page'

Thanks Raven. It must be cleared up now as there's no problem going to the website. I didn't know Google had any sort of security set-up!

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here