Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
attachments ???

Posted by redrabbit (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 0:14

What do I need to do to get or open pictures sent with a e-mail. I get a empty square with a red x in the corner ?? If I forward it or reply to it the picture will appear. I hope I explained this right .Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: attachments ???

Use a right-click on the red X...do you get an option to display the image? Does it work?

o

Yea it might be your email's security blocking the images. There should be an option right in the email itself to "show images"

o

No option to display the image or to show images. Could it be the way they are sent to me ???

o

Hopefully these emails are from a known source? If not then delete sudden like.

What happens when you right click anywhere in the empty square?

Ask the sender to send again but 'attach' rather than 'insert' the picture and see what happens.

Ask the sender what the suffix is to these pics. That is the 3 letters after the dot - .jpg .bmp .png are 3 examples.

o

These e-mails are from known source's,I believe they are mostly forwards.When I right click on the box I get a option box of which nothing will open these. If i reply or forward the same e-mail the boxes show what are in them ?? I guess these are not attachments.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here