Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
friend wants to cancel verizon

Posted by charleney (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 23:58

How does she do that? And I mean without an argument.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: friend wants to cancel verizon

Cancel ...what???
Verizon phone service? Verizon FIOS? Verizon DSL?

They probably won't argue about it much as long as she is ready and willing to pay whatever amount they say she owes, including any early termination fee if she has made a long-term agreement of some sort.

o

You can bet that if she's in a contract, she will pay an early termination fee. Tell her to read her contract.

o

Just found this post. Our son has to move and has 4 months left on his Verizon contract for Fios (Triple Play). He is moving to a new apartment which already has Comcast. Does anyone know if you still have to pay termination fee if you don't live at the place anymore?

Jane

o

Aren't questions like these best answered by calling the company directly?

o

I would think a call to Verizon would give you the correct info on what happens if you move before the contract is up. Verizon has tons of forums for everything on their site with other users helping. Maybe if you explain the situation Verizon would work with you. Mary

o

verizon.com has places to ask questions. And, google ~ verizon forums ~ for links to users groups.

o

Here is the link. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: verizon forums

o

I don't know why people sign all of these contracts. I have dealt with two cable companies and ATT, and never had to sign a contract. I would not do business with any server who wanted a contract. My neighbor has a contract with dish and her tv reception has never been any good and she finally paid out of it and signed another contract with someone else.

o

Because if you want the triple play deal you have to sign for a year or what ever to get it for $99 or that's what is was at one time here in the adds all the time. I have time warner cable and internet, no contract needed and don't have a home phone and even if I did take their phone no contract to sign for their triple play deal. Mary

o

Cox bundles here, but still no contract as far as I know, it has a cheaper monthly rate when you bundle. I went back to a land line phone and lucked out with a 2 year promotion of $9 a month for their best phone service and no contract.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here