Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Keep getting this popup

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 23:40

I have zone alarm on my computer (XP). I keep getting this popup and when I click 'update' I get Server cannot be found. I have checked Zone Alarm directly and it says I'm up to date. I have the free version and I know they are always trying to get you to buy, but I'm careful not to.

This is very annoying and has been going on for 2 weeks. It appears legit but makes no sense since the link doesn't work. Took a print screen to see if there is anything which appears suspicious about this popup.

Thanks.
Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Keep getting this popup

Have you ran Malwarebytes or another good spyware program

o

Be sure you are running the latest version of ZA Free ver. 11.0.000.504

o

If your Windows version has a firewall feature, you probably can use that and uninstall/delete the Zone Alarm program altogether.

o

Thanks but the pop up continues. I have the latest version, I do not use Windows firewall (XP), and when I click on the link (screen-shot) I get 'server not found.' I use the Free version and do not have their toolbar nor other stuff. Just the firewall.

I checked their forum and apparently someone else has the problem and was told to uninstall and reinstall. This person does not have exactly the same problem because they don't have the latest version.

Oh well, I'll just live with it. Thought I'd let anyone know in case they are having the same problem.

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here