SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ten3_2tex

HP psc 2170 Series printer problem

ten3_2tex
10 years ago

I am always here reading to find answers when needed. I had tried to enter before and had some problem doing so. I finally got in and hope someone can help me. For sometime my printer has been printing last page first, which was ok because the end results were the same, but now it is giving me a much bigger problem. I sell on Etsy and buy online postage on paypal. At first I thought I had clicked on wrong button because it printed the SAMPLE label. Now I know that I did not. 3 times my label prints the SAMPLE one first even though I click the right button.......I am wasting ink, and label paper. As if that were not enough, after it prints the correct label, it goes on to print the instructions that are on top......3 different pages, having had label paper only, there went more wasted label paper.....at first time after the sample label, I clicked correct button again and it printed the label and the instructions. On second time I realized that the printing was started before I clicked on the correct button. In other words, the printer was printing on it's own, the sample, the correct one AND the upper instructions. Starting from bottom up......backwards......Have been looking around and came up with spool document problem?.....If that is the problem, how do I fix that?.......someone also mentioned that maybe I had the printer on "ALL" instead of "CURRENT" . I do, but the other options are faded, I can't change it from ALL.

HP psc 2170 Series

The above is my immediate problem but I have a bigger one. I have gone through my forever favorite Mozilla, then 2 months of IE. The 2 don't want me now, stopped working, and am now with Opera and that is where the printing probem of labels started for me........I know that I have a hidden virus. Hidden, because I have tried to find the problem and it does not show up.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!