Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unable to select Fonts and error Message

Posted by iggie (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 22:15

A few days ago when I tried to compose an Email using Road Runner internet explorer. I got the following message and could not vary type size or select fonts, prior to this I could select Rich Text Editor switch back to standard text and the font selection table would appear. a few days ago instead of being able to switch to selection table I got an error message at bottom of page when I clicked for details I got the following. incompatible magicvalue168430090inclassfile/com/openwave/paf/html/editor. How do I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can still send and receive email just cant vary type & fonts. Iggie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unable to select Fonts and error Message

More information is needed:
Which version of Windows are you using?
Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?
Do you have any toolbars installed in IE?
Have you installed any other add-ons in IE?
Are you able to change font type/size in MS Word or Wordpad?

o
RE: Unable to select Fonts and error Message

Doing a bit, of reading it seems perhaps Java might be the issue. Check if you have the latest version.

Also paf is mentioned in the long string you included, this is usually associated with a genealogy program.

Why not install Firefox, Opera or Chrome browsers and see if the issue shows on one of those. They use no resources and can really be nothing but helpful if IE ever gives you trouble.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here