Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
making a hot link in an email?

Posted by shaddy101 (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 21:53

I know people can make hot links inserted into an email, and "sometimes" it happens for me, I want to make it every time, is there a secret that I don't know about?
Opinions please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: making a hot link in an email?

Which email provider are you using?

o

Shaddy, I know you have Windows 7. Are you using Windows Live Mail? If so, open a new blank e-mail, and a little over halfway across the top (the ribbon?) at the very top is the word Hyperlink. Click on that to create a link to a site. Hope this is what you're looking for.

o

Or click the funny looking icon if using outlook.com

o

Cripes, I forgot to add what email programs I am using. I use Gmail, Yahoo, and Charter which is my main home mail.
I seldom look at those things owbist, so wouldn't have realized that was an icon for a hot link, but thanks so much for calling that to my attention, tho I do not use outlook, would it perhaps be in yahoo, or gmail also?
Grandms, I do not use live mail either, so gotta look elsewhere I guess. I will try and figger out sumpin with the info you folks have provided, and thanks so much, at least it is a start.
Shaddy

o

With gmail, when you open a page to compose your message, look in the bottom left of the panel and click on the + icon.

That allows you to insert a clickable link.

o

And here we are in Yahoo

o

I goofed, when I said Charter email, I am using Thunderbird, got other things in my head I guess. But have searched the questions, and it seems it turns to a hot link in TB when sent to someone. Spozed to try it to myself, to check, and won't let me send to myself, gotta research that now to see what is going wrong.
Thanks for all the info folks, have looked, and found, and am tickled to think that I can do this now, at any time I want to. Many thanks for teaching an old dog some new things!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here