Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iphone 4 - can't turn off

Posted by downsouth (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 21:52

I am posting this for my son. The button on the top right that turns his phone off is stuck....you can tell it by pushing it. It seems frozen (I know that's not the right computer term, lol).

He needs to turn his phone off while at work to keep it charged. He said it also gets hot. It may be a 4S...can't remember what he said.

Any suggestions for him?

Thanks, Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iphone 4 - can't turn off

Knowing nothing about this, I did a google search and found a fair amount of information. Condensing the answers I found suggests that if blowing it with compressed air doesn't provide a fix, it needs a repair by a qualified person (if the phone is young enough to be worth fixing).

Don't do anything on my say-so, I have no idea if what I found are the best available answers or not. You should do your own checking and make your own decision.

The alternative is to never be without a charging cord and learn to live with it always on.

o

In accessories there is assertive touch, it adds an off button to the touch screen. Also, I read yesterday that Apple knows there is a problem and will fix the button for free but it may depend on the model.

o

One article says it's a known problem with Iphone 5 and apple will replace for free. Read some links here about 4s. I would contact apple about it. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Iphone 4s

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here