Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
' failure updating wimdows'

Posted by salbwil (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 11 at 20:51

Hi,
Twice I've received the message " don't turn off your computer, windows is automatically updating" and will turn off when complete. I return later to turn the computer back on and the update resumes only to stop and say " update failed and computer is reverting" . Does anyone know what I should do now ? Will this keep happening ? I am running Windows 7, IE 8.

Thanks ,
salbwil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ' failure updating wimdows'

I think I would run the downloads again and see if they install. Do you do your updates manually or do you do the automatic update? I have the notification come, and then I download and install manually. I had a total of 4 this time for my Windows 7, 64 bit.

o

I do automatic update ; it tried again this a.m. and I'm hoping it succeeds this time. It stated "Microsoft Visual C++ " error 1935 in installation.
salbwil

o

if it fails go to the actual individual updates and try doing each one separately not all together, then restart your pc after each one, that way you will know exactly which one is failing and you can either block it or try it at some later time, you would need to block it temporarily though or your auto updates will keep trying to install it.
If you are using xp and you go directly to the windows download page you can click on history to the left and see what has installed and what has failed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here