SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acraftylady

Computer repair help

acraftylady
11 years ago

Ok friends computer won't boot to the desktop. When you hit F8 it won't go to safe mode or last known good configuration it just goes to the repair tool when you click those and when the repair tool runs it says can't repair. Tried system restore and it won�t run a restore point says something about memory corrupt as to why it can�t run I think. Windows 7 Toshiba satellite A-505-S6980 model.

She thinks it�s from MS updates the other day but I have a feeling it�s a virus or maleware.

She is the type that does not back anything up or make the back up disks when she got it. So I made a repair disk from my computer and was able to change hers to boot from CD and I managed to see her files using the repair disk and we are getting them all back up to memory sticks.

After that I have no clue how to use the repair disk to repair the computer if it will even work so I need some guidance on how to do that. If not that should I just use the Toshiba repair tool that takes it to out of the box state?

We are going to finish the back ups tomorrow afternoon then I will work on the rest. I am so glad I back everything up nightly in case of stuff like this, what a pain. Mary

Comments (13)