SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulsmth2

Moving from xp to windows 7

paulsmth2
9 years ago

I have my checklist almost complete. I would post it if I thought it might be helpful to someone but really it is so simple that it doesn't compare to some of the techy stuff posted here. I do like solutions that are simple so I am using the usb drive for the most part. I do have remaining questions though...

1. Is avast and malware the same type of software. Do I need just one or both of them. If so, do you have a preferred download site for both of them. I did find the download site in one of the posts regarding malware.

2. I saw the Classic Shell post but there was not a lot of detail posted about it. If I am going to windows 7 would it be helpful. What major effects should I anticipate. Can you provide a preferred download link if you like this program.

3. Retirement is five years out with perhaps a two year post retirement requirement. In reading through the posts I got the impression that windows 7 would be fine for that duration. If I am not correct then let me know.

1. I read through the post on routers. On my home computer I am using the router that I bought from AT&T when I installed their wireless system. For the new computer using windows 7 what kind of router would be best. I don't do anything fancy just straight business functions with just one user.

Anyway, thanks

Comments (9)