Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nothing would open

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 18:05

This morning anything I tried to go to wouldn't open. My folders, shortcuts anything on my desktop, I couldn't go anywhere. I shut down several times and nothing helped. Finally the last time I shut down things opened again. Any idea of what might be wrong?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nothing would open

I have more questions than answers but maybe it can help narrow the problem.

What browser do you use? If IE, please state version.

Have you changed your mouse or any of its properties? Open mouse properties and double click on the folder to ensure it opens.

Did you make any other hardware or software changes before this happened?

Have you run a virus scan? What shield and/or scanner do you use?

o

I use firefox mostly, even IE wouldn't work. No changes have been made. I use AVG and just defraged & scanned. No changes at all I that I can think of. Its working today.

o

Try clicking the Microsoft button in the lower left corner of the keyboard then use the up arrow key to highlight any program. Hit Enter to see if it runs. If so John might be on the right track with the mouse.

We are assuming the computer loads Windows normally and completely?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here