Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CreataCard Gold

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 11 at 18:03

Because of a lot of problems I was having with Windows XP, we ahve installed Windows 7. That seems to have solved many of the previous problems. However, when we re-instlled my Creatacard gold, although I can post things to it, I have lost all my previous postings of future appointments, all my postal addresses, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Can anyone tell me what can be done? This is very, very important to me to have this info.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CreataCard Gold

Did you format the drive before installing windows 7? If not the installer would have created a folder called windows.old and saved all your previous data there. If you have it you can open that folder and find the folder your app stored your data in there and recover it.

o

did you not backup all your files and data that you wanted from xp before you installed the new OS?

o

I apparently should have worded that differently. We did save and install the back up files but they didn't show up.

It always has workwd before with windows XP but is not working with Windows 7

o

Perhaps your program is not compatible with Windows 7.

o

It appears that is is compatible, as I can add new addresses and appointments etc, to it, but I can't get the saved back-up info to be accepted.

Any other ideas?

I appreciate your input.

o

I would contact the company and ask about use with windows 7 and the backup files. Perhaps it stored the files in an unusual location, have you tried doing a search for the files by name or file extension?

o

My Creatacard Gold does not work with Windows 7

there are some suggestions there including one about going to their website and getting the update for windows 7
this is that response
"you will have to go to the creata card web site and download the version for 7 and install your serial number in place of the one you had for windows.As long as you enter your name and adress in the system it will auto update."

Always check their website first then do as I just did and do a google search there is a lot of info there in the search that may help

according to the microsoft compatibility list it is NOT compatible with 7
American Greetings Creatacard

You never told us which version of creatacard you have that would likely matter.

There may be a way to make it all work using xp compatibly mode?
and also important are you dealing with 64bit now and not 32bit? which windows 7 do you have?

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

here is a lot of stuff to look at might find some help
creatacard compatible with Windows7

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here