SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

can't run secunia - osi or psi - java applet problem?

lynnalexandra
11 years ago

For a long time now, I have been unable to install and run secunia on my desktop (all other computers are fine). My desktop is Dell, WP sp3, and I used firefox. When I posted a while back, Ravencajun suggested using the online scanner. That worked fine. Until now.

Today when I tried to run the online scanner, it said:

"There might be problems loading the Java Applet in your browser."

So I updated java - and this was confirmed when I went to the java website that I'm current. But I have no idea what an applet is or how to get one. And the online scan still doesn't work.

---------------

I thought I'd try again to install the latest version of secunia for my desktop. It said that there was still an old version - which it removed first, then installed the latest version. I was able to get it to run a scan. Then it briefly flashed that 90% of programs were insecure - but the screen minimized. (This is what happened when the previous version didn't work either. I could open the program for a moment - but it would immediately minimize and not display). So I have no way or seeing the results. If I hover my mouse over the system tray icon, it says 90% secunia system score - but I can't get the screen to come up and show results.

This has now happened with several versions of secunia. I have removed old versions - installed new ones - and the same thing. So I don't think it's a bad download.

Any ideas? Now I can't run the online secunia either.

Thank you.

Lynn.

Comments (6)