SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrapots

My email is so sllllooooowwww!!!!

Terrapots
10 years ago

My email on my workhorse computer is impossible to read. It's trying to download so much that the tunnel is logjammed. I tried to turn off popups under tools, not sure if that's it. I can't even compose a new message on it without losing my temper. My email comes in fast in my laptop but not here. I'm having no trouble with doing this message or anything else.

It's an HP media center with Intel pentium 4 processor, 1.0 GB memory. XP, sp3. I just had trouble upgrading AVG and I think I got rid of all of it, at least it does not show up in my add-remove programs list. I replaced AVG with MSE and had MBAM already. I just did a scan with each and found no problems. But, there are too many processes running when I bring up the task manager. I think that may be the problem but need someone's help in cleaning it up without deleting things I may need. Is there a list(s) of what files are essential for which programs or functions on computers? I used to have a lot of problems with garden web forums, or some of them, which seems to be a lot better now.

Any help I can get will be gratefully accepted.

Comments (6)