Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MacBookPro Question

Posted by walnutcreek (My Page) on
Sat, May 14, 11 at 14:11

I have always had regular computer, but I purchased subject laptop from an individual and thought I could figure out things myself. Well, I have finally come to the conclusion that I cannot figure it out myself.

This is a fully loaded MacBook Pro, BTW.

Regardless, do any of you have any any ideas/suggestions for me - things to do/try, books to read, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MacBookPro Question

I Googled Macbook Pro tutorials, and lots of hits showed up. Since I've never used a Mac, I don't know how good any of them are, but I suggest you do the same and then do some reading. Looks like quite a bit of information.

Remember, Google is your friend. :)

o

Try one of these...

Here is a link that might be useful: Macbook for Dummies

o

Thanks grandm and kudzu9. I have looked at the one for dummies and IMO it was not good.

o

Go here. Free Mac forum. In my experience knowledgeable people and well-populated. I've always gotten good advice and quick responses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Mac-only forum

o

walnutcreek-
Did you look at all the books in the link?...there's more than one. I generally go by the reviews, and the one titled "Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual" by David Pogue gets mainly 5 star reviews.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here