SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socks12345

Vista Anti-spyware problem

socks
12 years ago

Something called Vista Anti-spyware popped up telling me that I was being hacked and to save myself I needed to buy their product. I tried to ignore it, click out, but it was persistent and would not allow me to access Internet Explorer or even run Malawarebytes Anti-Malware. I shut the computer down and turned it on the next day and finally was able to get to download.com to get Spybot Search & Destroy. I ran that, then was able to run Malawarebytes too. Everything is better except when I start up I get a window which says:

"Error loading C:/users etc. etc.

The specified module could not be found."

I click OK and can go on fine from there.

Apparently there are blocked start-up programs. I looked at the list of blocked start up programs, and some I recognize like itunes, adobe, Intel...but there are others like "iwon toolbar," "Ovaguhakuc," and "Pgilevelecofi" which I question.

There are disable/enable buttons on the list of blocked start-up programs. Do I need to enable some? Skip the ones which look like alphabet soup? There are about 24 in all.

Not sure what to do. Computer seems to be working fine, though, except for that start-up window. Sorry this is so long. Is Vista Anti-spyware a legitimate program or what??????

Comments (5)