Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
others using my email to send me an email from me?

Posted by krissie (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 12:58

Please advise how someone else can use my Yahoo e-mail to send me an email from myself? How can I stop this?

A pharmacy has been doing this lately.

I changed my password, but today there are more emails to myself from myself posted by a pharmacy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: others using my email to send me an email from me?

They are spoofing your email address.
Makes it a lot harder to block when it's your own address.

Pooh Bear

o

Bottom line is that you somehow picked up a nasty on your computer, and probably your entire address book had been taken, so everyone is getting spam from you. Now, your address will probably be used by other spammers. BTW, it's not a real drug store/pharmacy, it's a spammer/scammer. Do NOT try to contact them.

You need to talk to a good local computer store and get your computer cleaned of all the nasty stuff, and probably you'll need to change your password with your ISP ASAP. Don't wait, doing these things are critical.

In other words, go get some help.

o

As posted earlier, you have been spoofed.

The spoofing could stem from malware such as a Trojan or rootkit but it is more likely that it is a spammer disguising the email sending address since you will tend to open the email if the sender looks friendly.

Open the full header of the email, copy and paste into an email and send to your email provider.

Just to be sure, a thorough scan is in order. What real-time protection and scanners do you use?

o

Some e-mail providers allow the user to filter the incoming e-mail and send it to Spam. The filter, in this case, would be your user id.

o

Thanks for your suggestions.
Krissie

o

See this yahoo help article. Someone is either spoofing yoru email or has hacked your account. If the link doesn't work google "yahoo account sending spam" and the help doc should come up.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_ACCT&id=SLN2068&pir=fpZBPiRibUl12ul7dccwAF0qylL_GBBgUXiZ7tzCaGojVijjEIvQXUCC2g9cGQy1gxDypw3zLZQzXdFNHimx8S9KKYPhWmRJ7e0PolCCs.vn3FvDg5sER1BPhaW4oWjZPjwGNZXVB2s9SOg9MxBqURlcLcsYAMmm1VOFuoETAjfNVVr3aQyy0TtzR_t3SOasOf7CjwlelaxmVLTmatjBFo.eK7vuOdB3Cm5CbswTOSivJS5BMKOg2qHWeO1PJ9QMwWr3xLuB8GBWQCCWtoRx.CoFRrvSsKBWxwi1FuEv08H2LSoMzmsIgtg3242P9YHbrf8RXR0idLjf_wu.XeZYhgT7W1pPla2rFk_oV0OpRFPxOx_ZAEu1huMIdu.vOjPpbIb_9wByyxauo5dcXa6KGYs6_M9NSFJOH_JH6mk-

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here