SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Firefox 4 issues - where's my bookmarks toolbar?

lynnalexandra
12 years ago

Well - i got tired of being pestered to update to Firefox 4 - so I did it - and I don't like it. But that may be just a matter of time to get used to.

Here's what I'm having immediate trouble with:

1 - I can't get my bookmarks toolbar to display. I have gone to View - and checked bookmarks toolbar - but the entire line is blank. Now when I first started the new firefox 4, it had fire.fm toolbar - and the bookmarks toolbar began at the very end of that same line to the right. This meant that most of my toolbar bookmarks were not visible. (I don't want double row of bookmarks. It was displaying just as I needed before.) I unchecked fire.fm toolbar - thinking the fire.fm portion would go away - and the bookmarks would be visible. But they're not. I can't find them. I did a little customizing - and maybe have done something accidentally that removed them - although I can't think of what. When I go to the bookmarks on the menu bar, I do see that they are still there - they are just not displaying on the bookmarks toolbar.

2 - I miss my smart bookmarks add-on. It allowed me to automatically just show the icon for bookmarks - and mousing over produced the name. It's not compatible with FF 4 - and the developer isn't planning to update it. He's recommended another - but that doesn't seem to be quite what I want (sorry I now forget the name of the other add-on). So for now I have manually gone in and deleted the names for the bookmarks (which means no mousing over to see the name if I don't remember the icon). Of course, that was when if first opened FF4. Now I can't find the bookmarks.

3 - In general, do people think FF4 is an improvement? If so, what's better about it. I may be overlooking features that I'd enjoy. Right now I'm just missing what I had set up.

4 - If I wind up not liking this FF 4, can I uninstall and reinstall the previous version? How?

5 - Sometimes in my zeal, I get new add-ons for Firefox bc. they sound great. Then I don't use them and forget what they could do. So I have Fire.fm and last.fm - but I don't know the difference. What do they do? Any reason to have both?

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (22)