Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't log in to GardenWeb from my cell phone

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 11:05

Samsung Stratosphere 4G

I get to the log in page, fill in my user name and password, it looks like the page is loading, but it takes me right back to the log in page?

Having the same problem on my excoboard page.

Help? Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't log in to GardenWeb from my cell phone

go to the actual original front page of Garden web you need to log in there on that page not on the pages for these individual forums. If you go there and do that it usually will take.Go way up top here of this page where it says Ivillage Garden Web and click directly on that it takes you to the opening page then click on log in on that page. You can click to allow it to remember you there and it should.

o

Still can't do it. Frustrating to no end. When I start typing my username angelaid - as soon as I get to the "g" I get redirected to my gmail account.
Tried typing the password first ... as soon as I got to an "e" I get redirected to my Yahoo! email account.
That hasn't happened before.

o

have you tried with a different browser on your cell phone?
I have several browsers I use on my phone, firefox, opera mini, and dolphin HD, all are very good but some work better for some things than others. For GW I often use firefox since I can add on adblock plus and easylist which helps block a lot of the ads that make it almost impossible when on a cell phone sized screen. So you may want to try that they are all free and will install in seconds, it you decide you don't want them just go to manage applications and uninstall it.
Your phone runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread so all of those browsers should be easily available to you from the market.

you might also go into your browser settings on the phone and clear all the cache and cookies and stuff see if that might help. To do that on the phone open your browser window then click on your menu button then on the more option , then settings scroll through there to find the cache, cookie, history form data etc try clearing all that it might have saved a corrupt cookie or something.

o
shortcut key

raven - you are a doll. I'm frustrated almost to tears right now. I printed this out to try again later. Been all over the web trying to find out how to turn off the shortcut key in gmail and still haven't figured it out!

o

What do you mean by shortcut key? Do you mean the Gmail icon you tap to open Gmail? If so you just want to tap and hold pressure on it till the trash can appears then drag and drop the icon to your trash can.
If you mean you want to delete the Gmail app you can do that by going to the settings icon, manage applications find the Gmail one and select to remove it.

o

Nope. As soon as I touch the "g" key, I was getting directed to my gmail box. Typing in my username (angelaid) as soon as I typed the "g" - straight to gmail. When I hit the "e" key - straight to my Yahoo! email. So I thought there must have been a pre-loaded shortcut. Downloaded Firefox and AdBlock and it doesn't seem to be doing it now.
Raven - you have been such a big help to me, and so many others, both here and at the KT, thank you so much!!
Love my new Brother printer that you recommended, too!

o

that is just really a strange thing to be happening it sounds like somehow it did get a shortcut programed into your keyboard or something.
Glad you are having better luck using firefox.
you are very welcome and I am glad you are happy with the Brother, I am still very happy with mine also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here