Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
e-reader experts: does Kindle or PDN show pictues

Posted by casi (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 11 at 10:58

I have asked this before, no one knew for sure when I asked. Leaving for Yellowstone next week with grandkids who both have Kindles. I have been recommended a guidebook which I have found both on Amazon and B & N for e-books. Don't know which one to do the kindle version on B&N as I am sure it will have some graphics. My daughter has been wanting me to get Water for Elephants but she told me to get the hard copy as she wanted me to see the pictures, haven't done it yet as I'm still hooked on the Outlander Series!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: e-reader experts: does Kindle or PDN show pictues

I do not think Kindle does color, PDN definitely does color. On my PDN even the book cover is in color looks just like the actual book. And you can go online and surf if you have a wifi near by to get on, it also will let you check your email and you can view your pictures on it like a digital frame which would be nice for viewing any pictures you will be taking, just stick the memory card into it and view, can do the same with music,load a memory card of your fave songs and play.
Since I do not have a Kindle I will let an owner reply.

o

Thanks Raven, but what I mean is if the book as a picture in it, will they show?

o

You can get a definitive answer on this at the Kindleboards web site. You can also call Amazon (1-800-201-7575) and ask to speak to the special team they have that deals with Kindle issues.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kindleboards

o

yes you can even view magazines and newspapers with it, books must be in epub format, it also will do pdf files.
Some info from the faq
Pandigital Novel FAQ

I actually have Water for Elephants on my PDN right now, I have not read it yet but looked to see if there were pictures and yes there are so I would assume they are all there.

o

Great Raven! That is what I needed to know....good point that the Kindles don't do color. So you still really like yours? I haven't been using mine so much....been reading hard copy Outlander series, really hooked! Surfing for forum on PDN and found one but sounds like a lot of folks aren't happy with theirs and the updates....I've only done one since I got it.

o

I still love mine I have not yet done that latest update that really changes it so much, I may do it at some point but am pleased with it just as it is for now. I read every night on it. I have every one of the Outlander books on it now too.

o

Raven, have you read any of the Outlander books? Maybe because I'm over 60, but I found while reading the first Outlander that I needed to re-read or go back to previous chapter that it wasn't as easy to do with the PDN so I started acquiring the hard copies...wherever I could buy them used and really cheap. I'm glad that I have them as I'm in the 5th book and there are so many characters that keep popping back into the books from previous ones. I know that I could always use the book mark, but you never know what you will need to refer back to.

o

I read the first one Outlander and just started on the second one, so far I have not had any problems but I know I will, did you know there is a special book she wrote that is just to help you keep up with the characters? I may need to get that one too.
The OUTLANDER series
it is listed there The Outlandish companion.
Casi I tried sending you an email through GW did you get it?

o

No Raven, I did not get it. I checked my profile and tried to update and correct it but it didn't work. It is "unitedwb.coop" not united.coop.

o

Casi it did not show me your email addy so I have no idea what any part of it is.

If you go to LzD I just sent you a message there

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here