SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gilloz_gw

unable to do a clean install of Windows

gilloz
10 years ago

Acquired a Dell XPS 400 computer which was free only if I was to remove the original HD and destroy it in front of the widow of the original owner. So, I bought a new WD HD and installed it. I have been unsuccessful in doing a clean install of Windows XP Pro on this new HD. It starts up loading files and when it gets to the part that Windows is Ready to Start, I get the BSOD with a Stop Error of 0x0000007E with PCI system address F748EOBF at base F7487000. According to the widow, the computer was functioning fine prior to her spouse passing on. I tried a spare HD and the same problem occurs. Tried SATA drivers when clicking on F6 during installation, no help. Ran WD's diagnostic CD for their HD's and it was good. Bios setup shows the correct information for the new HD. Cleaned connectors to RAM, Optical drives and video cards. No go. Ran MemTest 86 on RAM for 4 hours and they were fine. I have also cleared CMOS and set up to restore Defaults settings. Anyone have any suggestions at this point? thanks.

This post was edited by gilloz on Fri, May 3, 13 at 10:57

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH