Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free email account

Posted by arosegirl (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 9:19

I need a free email account, is there one out there?
Thanks you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free email account

Far more than one...take your pick!

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Email

o

The main one I'm using at the moment is myopera.com (not in the list shaxhome linked to). The account name you use to sign up with be a MyOpera account name that you can use with the rest of Opera's services (like the forums). But you can use it strictly for email if you wish. In fact, I have one account for email only (so I don't have to make public that username at the forums) and another one for any forum participation. Speaking of which, the MyOpera forum for webmail help (if you would need it) is here: Webmail Forum. And their blog site is here: MailTeamBlog.

Here is a link that might be useful: MyOperaMailSignUp

o
RE: Free email account (Grammar)

The account name you use to sign up with be a MyOpera account name that you can use with the rest of Opera's services (like the forums).

Pardon my bad grammar (i.e. bad typing skills). I meant to say:

The account name you use to sign up with Opera will be a MyOpera account name that you can use with the rest of Opera's services (like the forums).

o

my main email account has been for more years than I can remember hotmail, I also have gmail, yahoo, gmx.com and a few others but any one of those is a decent choice for a free email account.

I set up accounts for several of the ladies around here and went with gmx.com it is a good simple interface, gets very little spam, and works pretty well and is unlimited space.
some info about gmx should you want to consider it
GMX Mail

I know a lot of people don't care for hotmail but I personally in all the years I have had it am quite pleased with it over all.

I don't really care that much for yahoo and so only use that account for junk stuff.

gmail is ok I just don't like the format but I do use it as my second email.

o

I use gmail, but have it configured to download into Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail, so I seldom go to the web-mail site. Just check about once a month to see if something is in the Spam folder that should not be there. It seems to do a great job of filtering out Spam.

o

I've used Hotmail for many years and it works fine. With an Android phone I added a Gmail account and I like it a lot. Very clean interface and if you think you might be getting an Android phone, it's a nice way to integrate everything. Gmail also comes with access to Google Docs, which is a useful, if relatively basic, office suite.

The other thing I like about Gmail is that they have an added layer of security in the form of a PIN that is set via text or voice message to a pre-assigned phone number. In other words, the password alone is not enough to access your Gmail account.

o

I like gmail too because you can use it with a mail program and yahoo makes you pay to do that. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here