SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20095016

Monitor PC decisions

User
9 years ago

I smelled a faint electrical smell tonight when I entered the den.The monitor was not working.
For the last two weeks the monitor lighting was dimming and returning to regular light. The little blue light came on and turned off for good when I jiggled the plugs. The plugs at the monitor have always been fickle but eventually worked.

Tonight I plugged and unplugged the monitor from the electric and my PC. I could not get the screen to come up.. I can buy a new monitor and hope that solves the problem.

The PC turns off and on and sounds good. The mouse, printer,keyboard all light up. And, my iPad and iPhone work- they would not work if the computer had a serious virus would they? My computer account settings would not work either?

IF THE COMPUTER WORKS MAYBE I WANT TO REPLACE IT. HERE'S THE CATCH.

I wrote on here a year ago that my Microsoft libraries on my windows 7 have been way out of order meaning after a reset to an earlier date I had doubles of docs and photos with docs in the picture and Videos library and a mixture in other libraries. I learned that Microsoft libraries are not necessary at all. It was suggested I go to an expert to put things in order. Well, there is no expert and I could use my programs nevertheless. I took another piece of advice here and started saving old and new work in folders on my desktop. It was great advice although not everything can be there.

My external backup died a month ago. I have the original discs.

What happens if I decide to buy a new PC and add Microsoft 8? Will my documents transfer to the new computer or not?

Thanks for any bit of advice you have.

Comments (14)