Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Internet Explorer 9 ????

Posted by casi (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 11 at 23:07

I updated today to "9", thinking newer is better. Don't think I like it much at all. I miss my favorite sites in my tool bar and there is not way to pick a certain previous page, have to just keep hitting the "back" button until I get to the page I want. Anyone know there way around these problems?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Internet Explorer 9 ????

Click on the star in the upper right corner near the X-out. It will present your Favorites and browser History.

DA

o

No, that isn't what am talking about. I used to be able to click on a drop down tab next to the "back" button and you could pick which page I wanted to go back to. I used that a lot

o

did they combine the forward and back in one arrow next to the forward button> that is what they did on firefox.

this should help some
Getting started with Internet Explorer 9

o

I think I know what she is referring to now. The arrowhead next to the front/back. You could click on it and a drop down would appear listing the last five or six sites a user visited.

Casi,

Right click the back button, or on the Menu Bar click View>Go To. I hope I got it right this time.

DA

o

I used to be able to do what Casi is talking about when I was using IE6.
Now with IE8, no way and I hate that I can't do it now.

o
RE: Internet Explorer 9 ????xxxxxx

Hey! I just tried it in Fire Fox, and it WORKS!

Just Right click on the back arrow (upper left) and a drop down list comes to choose to go back to what you wish to.

o

Urlee that's strange as I have the little arrow next to the back button using IE8.

o

Okay, that worked, but I think I hate the 9!!!! I have lost my search area and my frequent sites today when I elected to speed up things. How do I get 8 back?

o

Urlee that's strange as I have the little arrow next to the back button using IE8.

Well BLESS your heart Bob,
I didn't even know about that. That must have been what DA was talking about which didn't sink in to me.
I was right clicking the back arrow all the time to get what that arrow does. YAHOO!
Sorry DA, sometimes my feeble mind isn't tuned in.

o

Urlee to me you are always a scholar. :)

DA

o

Glad to of service Urlee! lol

o

Urlee to me you are always a scholar. :)
DA

DA, You are my inspiration.("Gotta have my paperback dictionary handy")

Glad to of service Urlee! lol

Bob, You were the "spark" I needed.

Thanks to the both of you!

o

Urlee,

I laughed so hard I had to put my head on the desk for a moment. Good one. :)

DA

o

DA, Aren't you the one who used words I always had to look up?

My dictionary is worn out to where I have to pick up a new one first chance I get.

Happy to have given you a smile.

Urlee

o

Urlee,

It's not that I am trying to be something more than I really am or trying to impress, it's just at work I hear, read, and publish so much that sometimes the vocabulary just blurts out without me thinking.

Try this one which came across my desk a while back: antediluvian. I might have used it here once in fun just to see if anyone was paying attention.

DA

o

"LOL" DA, That word describes me!

Just be yourself. We learn from you no matter what words you use.

I was trying to find the post of me where I said I not only learn about computers on this forum, I also get educated in vocabulary in answer to either you or owbist?
I took a chance on it being you.
That was quite awhile ago so I imagine it slipped off the board but to whom it was, after his smile, his reply back was, "I made his day".
Chime in owbist if it was you?

o

Hey you guys! You Hijacked my thread! (just kidding) Can anyone tell me how to get IE 8 back? Or any advice how to make it work.

o

Remove 9 it will roll back to 8..I tried 9 did not like it, will stay with 8 for now.. on all 4 of my PC's

o

OK, without going to the dictionary, I say antediluvian means "before the flood" and is used to describe something very old. In 9th grade (in the antediluvian era of 1958) I had a crush on the special reading teacher. He worked with students to build reading speed, vocabulary and comprehension. It wasn't a remedial course and I really enjoyed it--and the teacher. I remember this word and his literal definition was "before the flood."

Thanks for the 9 information. I want to try it and I also want to be able to return to 8, if I don't like the changes.
Nancy

o

Nancy,

I for one will give you full class credit, and a bow of respect. The common definition reference is antiquated.

DA

o

DA, I am just guessing. Does antiquated have anything to do with "Antique"?

Like I said, I am "antique". "lol"

I too commend Nancy on her intellectual memory.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here