Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windows Live Mail ?

Posted by grandms (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 22:51

I use WLM on my Windows 7 computer. Tonight I got a message that I was working offline and did I want to go online. I had to click "work online" twice before it "took". Investigating why I was working offline, I noticed a check beside "work offline" in the list under FILE. I tried to remove the check mark by clicking but cannot. How can I remove this so that I don't have to manually click to go online each time I open Windows Live Mail?

Also, there is a yellow triangle with exclamation mark beside "check for new messages". What can I do about this happening. I guess it happens when the WLM goes offline on me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windows Live Mail ?

See if there is anything here that helps at the link,

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: windows-live-mail-is-stuck

o
RE: Windows Live Mail ?

Well, Joe, today the check mark is gone and I can stay online while using my mail program. I have no idea how this happened to begin with, nor do I have any idea how it corrected itself. Just glad it's working again. And, I did reboot several times, too.

o
RE: Windows Live Mail ? more

After reading the link provided, I have come to the conclusion that the update to IE10 caused the problem. Anyway, I'm glad it's solved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here