Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latest Google Earth

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 22:25

I want to put the latest Google Earth on Ipad.
Each time I think I am finding the right app, it says
'Download in Documents 2or Dropbox?'
Nothing is ever there!
The one that I did download, said 'play now', as if it was music??
Where can I find something not complicated for Ipad?
Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latest Google Earth

As you mentioned in your other thread, device specific minutiae is best pursued in the user guide, dedicated product forums, or by contacting the manufacturer's tech support service.

o

Since Google maps have been around I have never found the need to clutter up my hard drive with a large program like Google Earth. I am sure I get the same presentation with Maps as I did with Earth.

o

"I am sure I get the same presentation with Maps as I did with Earth."

You don't use Earth but you're certain it's the same as Maps?

Countless images available in Earth are simply stunning. Maps is just maps. Very useful, especially with Streetview, but essentially just maps. The two are integrated - Earth is Maps and much more.

Earth's storage space requirements are modest. Any PC that doesn't have room for it needs a serious cleaning.

o

Yes, thanks for reminding me of all the beauty of Google Earth Snidely. I had forgotten that part as I rarely used it.

A perfect example of how we assume things from our own perspective, I need to mend my ways ;~)

o

Search using Bing: "Google Earth on Ipad" = 46.7 million hits.

--- And one doesn't have to love or hate Google or Earth, the company just continues to collect your information.

o

All websites "collect information", most especially search sites. Surfing and activity data is analyzed at macro levels for market and buying trends, demographics, ad sales and ad placement, etc.

Don't flatter yourself into thinking someone's dying to find out all about you personally, it isn't the case. There's no conspiracy, and "They" couldn't give a shoot about you.

o

"Don't flatter yourself into thinking someone's dying to find out all about you personally, "
As usual, you are about 1/2 awake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here