Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to right click on Windows8RT without a mouse?

Posted by SouthernCanuck (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 22:22

I got with the program and bought Asus Vivo Tab RT that comes with Windows8RT. Unfortunately I didn't know the difference between Windows 8 and Windows8RT, am learning now but that's for a different day.

I am very and I mean very slowly learning the different idiosyncrasies between old Windows and the Windows8RT but still can only copy images using the right click action as described by Microsoft. That is to hold down on an image for a few seconds and release. I can not do anything that will give me the old windows prompts with the old standard mouse. I do have a dock for it but there isn't a left or right click on that mouse keypad either.

Any suggestions, layman terms only please. I'm almost 60 and it's getting harder and harder to catch on. Took me a heck of a time to go from Word perfect 5.1 for dos to Word when Windows came out 20 years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to right click on Windows8RT without a mouse?

Have you read through the User Manual which explains how to use the touchpad with gestures? I believe the manual is already on your tablet, but, if not, I think this is it:

Here is a link that might be useful: User Manual

o

I don't have Windows 8 but always preferred using the keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste. CTRL + c will copy (with the file or text highlighted) and CRTL + v will paste it.

Kudzu has a great point too. You might as well read the manual, may be a simpler way.

o

Yes I have the users manual, gestures are covered on pages 20 and 21, very basic touch maneuvers covered, no mention whatsoever for right click gesture. I found that from the retailer I purchased the unit from, but he isn't giving free tutorials and I sure have outworn my welcome.

o

Page 32. There is a key that you use in 'Desktop' mode to simulate a right click.

It's a very well written and simple manual to follow :-)

This post was edited by pkponder on Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 23:02

o

Take a look at this tutorial/overview video. Might be helpful for you.

o

Thanks to all for the help. Look at me right click!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here