Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Updating Printer Drivers

Posted by love2sew (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 21:59

I have a Lexmark Series 1400 inkjet printer and I need to update my driver so I don't keep getting printer connection errors. I purchased the printer 2009.

I went into Lexmark and they keep trying to force me to purchase and install Norton Driver Tool for $39.99 that will fix everything automatically. I did the scan and it says I have 2 drivers not working and 27 that need fixing. I never totally believe these marketing scans but do think my printer drivers need updating.

I checked my secunia program and it says my Lexmark programs are uptodate.

Is there a FREE program that will update my drivers? or how can I do this?

You help is always appreciated.
Jeane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Updating Printer Drivers

Is this the printer, see link

Here is a link that might be useful: printer

o

If that lexmark link is what you have tried..

Slimware Utilities
has free SlimDrivers program.

after it scans, over on right is a link to update the particular driver you want. Mostly you would update one driver at a time in the free version .. but sometimes that one driver it says is out of date, will actually download & install all drivers for that device.

Here is a link that might be useful: https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

o

Thanks Mikie and Zep for your help. Last night I updated 23 drivers, quite a job and took 2 hours. There wasn't one on the list for a printer. I have the steps written down, just can't get to the right place! Instructions say click START, then RUN??, open box type CONTROL PRINTERS, then click OK. There are 17 steps but I can't get to the RUN part, just having a senior momment I guess. Boy, I can't believe all the things I have learned to do myself with your help. This is the best place to come.

o

Try holding down the 'Win' key, usually next to alt...
then press R for Run.

Or you can open one of the black command windows.. type in there works with most things that require the run line.

Or you can open Taskmangers left applicationss tab... and choose New Task.. on bottom right. That will work for most things as the Run line.

If I right click my lower left Start button, choose properties... then choose the Start Menu tab... then customize... I can add or remove the Run line from the pop up start menu.

o

ps....
Control Printers typed into the tun line simple opens Control panels "Devices & Printers" here on my laptop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here